You can apply for a new Namibian passport only if you have less than 1 year of validity left in the passport. If your passport is full then you can email the Namibian Embassy in the country where you are located to ask about renewal of the passport. You can search this website for more information.
The following at the basics for the Namibian Embassy. Note that if you lost your passport the matter had to be reported to the local police and they must give you a case number which you need to provide to the Embassy.
- A duly completed application form (email the Embassy and they will email the form to you);
- Your original passport;
- One passport-size photo (2″x2″) with white background;
- Certified copy of a Namibian Birth Certificate;
- Certified copy of a Namibian Identity Document (ID);
- Certified copy of Namibian Citizenship Certificate (if applicant was born outside Namibia);
- Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable);
- Application Fee;
- A self-addressed, pre-paid envelope (with a tracking no.) for the return of your document;
- If the passport was lost, the applicant must fill out the Declaration of Lost Document form;
- Police report for stolen or lost passport.
Note that a new passport takes 2-4 months to obtain so consider when you are going to need your passport before it expires. Note also the The Ministry of Home Affairs will not process application forms without a Namibian Birth Certificate or Namibian Citizenship Certificate if not born in Namibia.